Phantom Wallet Step by Step
Here is a step by step to get the Phantom Wallet.
Let's set up your digital wallet - a Phantom wallet!
A Phantom wallet lets you securely receive and send money for every transaction. Your Phantom wallet is also where all your purchases (e.g., Your Bar Bots and their components) are stored.
All money going in and out of your Phantom wallet will be as a cryptocurrency called SOL. Soon, you will be able to use traditional currencies - until then, SOL is gold.
Here is your step by step.
- Click on this link to download the Phantom wallet as an extension on your browser. On the page that opens, click download:
- Select your browser (for this example, we are using Google Chrome)
- Click on “Add to Chrome” and confirm eventual popups
- Once the extension is downloaded, open it, and click "Create New Wallet":
- Create a password and click on continue
- Your Phantom wallet will now produce a secret recovery phrase. This 12-word secret phase is your ultimate key back into your wallet (if you lose it you might lose everything you own in your wallet). It is for your eyes only - we are only showing it for the purpose of this example. Make sure you write your 12-word secret phrase somewhere safe.
WARNING! Any party that asks for this phrase is trying to access your wallet's funds. So DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE.Your wallet's address is different from your 12-word secret phrase. Therefore, your wallet's address is safe to share.
- Click 'Finish'
If you need help creating a Phantom account, or troubleshooting the download process, check out their handy FAQs here. Please note that we can't assist with issues at the Phantom account creation stage; if you need help here, please contact Phantom support.
- Now, click on your extensions in your browser
- Pin your wallet so you can easily access.
- It should now appear in your navigation bar like this! Congrats, you now have Phantom!
We use the cryptocurrency called SOL for all transactions. This is the type of cryptocurrency you need to fund your wallet with.
You will also always need a bit of SOL (short for Solana) in your wallet to sell your collected pieces. That's because of a thing called transaction fees. When you mint, buy, or sell on our platform, these actions are recorded on the Solana blockchain. The cost to record the data of these actions is called a transaction fee.Transaction fees are very low, usually between USD 0.01 and USD 0.87.
Watch our guided video tutorial or follow our written tutorial, which can be found directly below the video!To buy SOL, you must visit a Centralized Exchange (CEX) which will allow you to exchange traditional currency for SOL. We suggest you use Coinbase. They have a great guide (link here) on creating an account if you need assistance.
- Now that you have created your account visit your Coinbase homepage and click on Buy/Sell
- Select the amount of Solana you want to purchase (make sure to choose Solana amongst all available cryptocurrencies). Then click on “Preview Buy”
You only need a modest amount of Solana to cover the gas fees of the network (which are usually between USD 0.01 and USD 2.54 per action.
- Click on Buy now and confirm the transaction with your bank modalities
Now that you have purchased some SOL, we need to get it into your Phantom wallet. Let's do it!
- Open your phantom wallet and click on Deposit
- Search, find, and click on Solana
- Click on Copy
- Now go back to Coinbase, and click on Send/Receive
- Now, click on “Send all” or decide your amount. Then, paste your Phantom wallet address that you copied in step 8 into the “to” input field. Click on Continue
- Click on “Send now”
- This might take a moment.
- If you open your Phantom wallet now, you will see that you have some SOL!